Controlling Your Money
Making the Right Financial Decisions
As a student, you are responsible for looking after your finances so you won’t have a problem managing them in the future. If you’re currently in school, you may think that the decisions you make involving small sums of money have little to do with where you’ll end up financially. However, this is simply not true.
The small savings you put away each month can become impressively large as you go through life. In addition, the small debts you accumulate can become a huge load to carry in the next year if you don’t pay them quickly.
Meeting With Financial Counselors
Some of you may not be aware that you should start managing your finances as early as now. This is why we encourage you to meet with our financial counselors who will help you navigate your way through the confusing and complex world of financing.
We assist you in various financial aspects, such as opening bank accounts, saving money, and shopping smart. We are committed to achieving the following objectives:
- Educating clients in sound financial principles
- Assisting clients through the process of overcoming their financial indebtedness
- Helping clients identify and modify effective money management behaviors
- Guiding clients in developing successful strategies to achieve their financial goals
- Supporting clients as they work through their financial challenges and opportunities
- Helping clients develop new perspectives on the dynamics of money in relation to family, friends, and individual self-esteem